Ontario Separation Agreement Child Support

If you are not married, you can also ask the court to stay in the house you shared when you lived together, as part of a support mandate for you or your child. The judge can order it even if you do not own the house or if your name is not in the rental agreement. Spouse and Child Welfare Orders in Ontario are mandated by the Family Responsibility Office (FRO). You cannot say who will have custody or access to your children when your relationship ends. You can`t decide until the relationship is over. Maybe. You can try to get a new custody agreement with your spouse through negotiation, mediation, arbitration or collaborative family law. If this is not possible, you can go to court and ask the court to give you custody of your children. The court may amend the rules of custody and access in a separation agreement if it believes it would be in the best interests of the children to make an amendment. Both parents have a responsibility to financially support their children.

They share this responsibility when they live together and continue to share it after their separation. This responsibility applies to all parents, whether they have been married, lived together or have never lived together. My child care order says nothing about how payments are reconciled with the cost of living. Inflation could mean that my support money would not be worth as much in a few years. Can I change that? Yes, yes. You are free to share your property in your separation agreement according to the value of the building. You should inform your own lawyer of your separation contract before signing it. You cannot change your separation agreement afterwards. We all went to a lawyer and received some information and advice on how the law states that our family property should be shared. Now we have agreed on things. Can our separation agreement divide things differently from what the law says? You also have the right to obtain information about your children`s health, education and general situation.

You are not allowed to participate in decision-making on these matters unless you have shared custody of your children or your separation agreement or court decision indicates that you will be involved in the decision-making process. You are entitled to child care if your children live with you. The person who pays is called a “payer.” The judge will want information about the needs of the children and their relationship with each of you.

Comments are closed.